Home Healthcare in Wilmington, DE
Hospital Quality Care from The Comfort of Your Home
When you visit Saint Francis Healthcare, you have access to state-of-the-art
technology and a team of skilled medical professionals. Sometimes, however,
it is not easy for patients to travel even short distances when dealing
with a medical issue, which is why we offer home care health services
throughout Wilmington and New Castle County.
Saint Francis Healthcare continues to set the standard for quality home
care. We have been ranked best for patient experience and quality of care
in Delaware by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Home health care is offered based on referrals, but if you believe you
or someone you love requires home care and does not have a referral, you
can ask for a home evaluation.
Call Saint Francis at Home at 302.575.8240 to request a home health evaluation
or learn more about our program.
Comprehensive Home Care Services
A home care service is more than a simple visit from a doctor. We create
an entire home care treatment plan designed to improve the patient’s
quality of life, assist them with difficult day-to-day tasks, and help
them regain their independence. There are numerous reasons why a patient
might require home care services. The home care team is comprised of a
multi-disciplinary team ready to cater to each patient’s unique needs.
Our home care services include:
- Home care nursing
- Personal care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Medical social services
- Medication management and education
- Intravenous therapy
- Comprehensive wound care in coordination with the Saint Francis Hospital
Advanced Wound Care Center
- New mother/baby home evaluation and care education
- Vital-Stim swallowing therapy by our certified speech pathologist
- Laboratory tests (when the testing is in conjunction with a skilled visit)
- 24-hour on-call service with visits available on weekends and holidays
- Coordination with physicians
- Medicare-covered routine and non-routine medical supplies
- Continuity of care from hospital to home
- Diabetic education
- Skilled nursing for infusion services including care of peripheral lines
- Assistance with insurance coordination
- Congestive heart failure program
- Pre-operative joint surgery assessment and post-operative joint care
- Outpatient speech, language and swallowing program
Many health insurance plans cover home care services, including Medicare
and Medicaid. Call us at 302.575.8240 if you have questions about the program.