Apply for Residency
Thank you for your interest in our residency program. Applications to our
program must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application
Service (ERAS). We encourage applicants to apply when ERAS begins accepting
applications, which is typically in mid-September. The residency participates
in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or EAD. Foreign nationals who require
visa sponsorship must obtain a
J-1 Visa sponsored through the ECFMG. No other visa types are accepted.
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the Liaison
Committee on Medical Education (LCME) and/or
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the American
Osteopathic Association (AOA)
Graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. and Canada who meet one of
the following qualifications:
- Have a current valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign
Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and/or
- Have a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing
Completion of medical school within the last three (3) years;
or completion of medical school within the last five (5) years AND currently
working as a licensed physician.
- Completion of the USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS, with a minimum
score of 200, and no more than one failed attempt overall; or completion
of the COMLEX-USA Level 1, and Level 2-CE and PE, with a minimum score
of 400, and no more than one failed attempt overall.
ERAS Common Application Form: Please make sure the application is complete,
and the following are uploaded:
- Dean’s Letter
- Three letters of reference
- USMLE/COMLEX scores
- Personal statement explaining your interest in Family Medicine
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted only through ERAS.
Interview scheduling, status updates, and all other communications are
also only through ERAS.
For any questions, please contact our residency coordinator, Louise diGenova
via email at
Again, thank you for your interest in our program.