Saint Francis Maternity Services
Saint Francis Maternity is known for its exceptional, skilled staff and
high level of personal care we provide to each expectant mother, newborn
and their families.
Our private birthing rooms allow expectant mothers to remain in one comfortable
room at every stage, from labor and delivery through post-partum care.
Rooms are equipped with a labor/delivery bed, fetal monitoring system
and warming beds for newborns.
For newborns requiring extra medical attention, we have a Special Care
Nursery (SCN) backed by Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children,
who serves as the exclusive provider of Level II neonatology services.
All infants admitted to the SCN receive care from a Nemours neonatologist
who specializes in treating the most complex and high-risk newborns.
We Deliver What’s Most Important to You:
- Private Rooms with Your Baby at Your Bedside 24 Hours a Day
- An Expert Maternity Team
- Personalized Care
- 24/7 Onsite Neonatal Care (Level II) provided by Nemours/Alfred I. DuPont
Hospital for Children
- 24/7 OB/GYN and Anesthesia Coverage
- Special Care Nursery
- Maternal Fetal Medicine provided by Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals
- Lactation Consultants On-Site & Breastfeeding Classes
- Saint Francis also offers childbirth and baby classes and imaging services
Watch Our Video
See what makes the maternity program at Saint Francis so unique!
What Sets Us Apart
We are proud recipients of the Joint Commission Perinatal Care Certification.
Saint Francis is the ONLY hospital in Delaware and 1 of 5 in the nation
to achieve this recognition for delivering the highest standard of quality,
safe care to mothers and their babies! We have also received a Highmark
Delaware/Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center + for Maternity Care.